Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Secret Obsession (or is it?)

I comfort myself with the knowledge that I am so not alone in this little obsession of mine. It took me until the ripe old age of being in my thirties for me to actually have something I could consider an obsession and here it is... I now hold my head up high and proudly admit that I am a Twilight Addict. I love the books and have read the first three so many times that I can't even remember the exact number now; currently I'm on my second time through book 4. I am really looking forward to the movie and find myself googling for information about it when I'm looking for something to occupy my time. I know it's silly, but it gives me something fun to do.
I find it funny that when I go out into public (on the rare occasion I can get out of the house) whether I'm sitting in the waiting room at the doctors office or getting the haircut my hubby so sweetly set up for my birthday, I'm able to connect with total strangers with just one phrase... "So, have you read the Twilight books?"
I found it fun as I started to find out more about Stephenie Meyer to find that I have quite a bit in common with her. Maybe that explains my love of her work, but I think it's more that fact that she's a wonderful writer. I've already read The Host and can hardly wait to see what she does next.
If you haven't read the books yet, pick one (or all 4) up and enjoy! You'll be glad you did.
I'm now on the hunt for the next good book to read. There are so many out there, it's just a matter of finding the right book that speaks to me.


1 comment:

Sandi said...

YEA for Twilight! It has kept all of us in this house united and waiting together for more more more!!

Please tell me you have read Harry Potter. If you haven't, start immediately!

The Family

The Family
Summer 2008