Friday, August 22, 2008

Giving thanks!

I have so many fun pictures and funny movie clips from our trip to Bear Lake and I will get them posted as soon as I upload them to my computer. Right now I want to say thank you to wonderful parents who put together such a fun family get away. I know our little family certainly needed it and it was so much fun to spend time with the siblings. Not everyone was able to come and they were sorely missed, perhaps next year circumstances will be such that they will be able to get away as well and get some much deserved family time!! (Hint, hint... plan now or I'm coming to get you to bring you with me... you need to be there!)

Also, Moira had her follow-up this week with the surgeon and the pathology report came back saying the tumor was not cancerous! Yay! I really didn't think that it would be, I know my limits and I'm not sure I could handle two kids in chemotherapy in one year.

Mercedes had her two-month check up and she is growing just right. She's a healthy little girl and is very good at letting us know what she needs. She is smiling a ton and cooing more and more (in fact, right now as she sits in my lap!).

Kai had chemo this week and has lost a little weight, but otherwise had a glowing report. I suspect he spent more time running around at the beach than he would at home and was too excited to sit still long enough to eat a real meal so a little weight loss didn't worry me.

Moira will start kindergarten next week and is so excited. We're all so happy that she is recovered enough that she can go. Mommy and Daddy are a little overwhelmed that we are to the school stage already, but couldn't be more excited for Moira. She has spent the last week convincing me that Kai should be going too and that her teacher can take care of Mercedes. LOL, it's too cute!!

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Your children are so beautiful! I'm so happy to here the good news for Moira and will keep Kai in my prayers. Soak in that sweet lil Mercedes - what an angel! Great to see your posts here :)

The Family

The Family
Summer 2008