Friday, November 7, 2008

Kai

It's taken me a week to get this posted, but here's the latest on Kai. Last week we had Kai's latest CT scan and full body x-rays. After 9 months of chemo we thought it would be fairly routine and we'd get more of the same news. Instead, we found a new boney lesion on Kai's skull. Luckily it is about a quarter of the size of the other two that he had before.
So, here's the plan. Normally we do the scan and x-rays every 3 months, but this time we're moving it up and will do an x-ray of his head in 6 weeks (5 weeks from now). If it's the same or healing then we keep going with chemo as it is now. If it's larger, then we will do all of the x-rays and CT scan again to see if there is anything else. If there isn't, then the neurosurgeon will just go in and basically scoop it out. If something else does show up then we have to change what we are doing completely.
If you followed all of that, as you can see there are a lot of options for what could happen at this point so I'm doing my best to just focus and not worry.
I'm really down with this latest news and I'm finding it really hard to be positive at all. Life seems overwhelming so I'm praying that something good can happen soon. I need it! Please keep our family in your prayers.

4 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

Saralyn,
I love you so much! You are such an amazing mom. The Lord will take care of you during this time. Michael and I will keep Kai in our prayers. Call anytime. you should have my phone number, if you don't, just email me for it.

Rees and Becca said...

Oh Sara - I don't know how you do it! I know you will make it through you are always so positive. We love Kai and will keep him in our prayers! Love ya Sis!

Chrystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrystal said...

I will definitely keep you in our prayers. Man life can be cruel sometimes! Wow - faith - -that one keeps getting harder and harder doesn't it? But I have hope that it is the only way to endure and have the blessings of the law of compensation. It is good to be honest about our feelings. If we talk about our fears and face them then we can attack them too. Surround yourself with healing love, friendship, and music. Cuddle Kai and know that you're not alone. I have bee struggling with depression for a while now and know a little of the roller-coaster emotions can bring. In grief over losing my brother Garrett I went through denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I think that process comes with every difficult change in life. Be gentle with yourself, and I pray the Lord will be gentle with you and your family. Love you!

The Family

The Family
Summer 2008