Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Being Good...

It's all that matters.

It's so easy to get caught up in feeling that something is very important when in fact it is only a smoke screen. Feeling that the image you project to others is important is faulty logic, but it's amazing how at the time it gives you a false sense that you are indeed pulled together and the world is right. In truth, your reality is hidden and before you know it you can't remember what was ever important to you. I know that people who care about me are here for me and I should have leant more on you for support when inside I was falling apart.

I love my family and friends and I'm thankful for each of you. Please be good. Do good for others. Leave your mark on this world and know that it is a good one. Because at the end of the day, being good is all that matters.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Now you know why I don't care about my image. It is far more important to me to be real, be vulnerable and let the rest fall as it may. Being good is difficult at times but being real is easy!

We may never see eye to eye ever in our life, but I hope the best for you and your family.

Chrystal said...

Thank you for this post. This is definitely timely for me too!! I know we're not in touch much, but you are in my prayers. It's true that we all feel more connected when we're 'real' than when we're 'perfect' right? Besides, everyone has the same feelings - it is just refreshing to find people who will admit it! I know I have a lot of the icky ones too. Thanks again, you're wonderful.

The Family

The Family
Summer 2008