Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks...

My thoughts are probably in the same place as many of yours right now and that is reflecting on the many blessings that take place in my life daily. It's sad that we live in a world where many of us pray for miracles and then when things turn out okay we breath a great sigh of relief and say to God, "Oh, never mind, I figured it out." With the miracles around us, how can we not see the hand of God in our lives and see his great mercy and love for us? I hope that during this great Thanksgiving Season and going on into the Holidays that we will remember who is directing our lives and working for our good.

I'm thankful for wonderful family and friends and for the blessing that they are in my life. I am also thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who blesses me daily. My wish for each of you this season is to take a moment to reflect on your own lives and recognize the goodness that is there and to give thanks where it is due by getting on your knees.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

What a beautiful post my sweet friend! And how true your thoughts are! I am guilty of saying,"Oh! I guess I didn't need help from the Lord on this one, after all!" But that isn't true. I needed that reminder to fall to my knees in prayer. Thank you!

Rees and Becca said...

Well I'm grateful for a sister who will email me a calendar to make my life easier for my church calling's newsletter. - Thanks again! Love ya lots.

Barnes Family said...

I seriously have THE best friends and family! Thanks Katie and Becca for always being there for me. :)

The Family

The Family
Summer 2008