Friday, January 30, 2009

Surgery Day...

Well things moved quickly for this surgery. We found out on Wednesday that brother Paul probably wasn't the best option for doing the surgery because the lesion extended through the full thickness of skull in one spot. I was bummed, I had really wanted Paul to do it and it probably would have been a cool surgery for him to do. But, being the awesome surgeon he is, he put the patient first and sent us back to Primary Children's to use the neurosurgeon we used before. We called for an appointment that same afternoon and they got us in the next day.
I met Michael and Kai at the hospital on Thursday since we're both doing our best to keep our jobs covered and be there for our employers. The surgeon saw how much the lesion had grown since last October and suggested we do surgery today! Wowza! So here we are...

Luckily both of our bosses are being great and giving us what time we need and it will be nice to have this surgery out of the way. Kai's being a trooper like always and we're sitting in the pre-op waiting room while I work away (albeit with a very short blogging break) on my laptop and Kai's lounging in his little wagon playing video games.

We'll keep you all updated when we have an update.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

WOW!! I hope the surgery went well! I'll keep you all in my prayers through his recovery! Don't worry about lunch tomorrow. I'm doing ok. And I'm off next week. Maybe Tuesday around 6:30 we could meet while Michael is in class.

Chrystal said...

I hope all is going OK now...you're in our prayers.

The Family

The Family
Summer 2008