Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year...

On one hand I can hardly believe that 2008 is over and that we are in 2009; on the other hand, I am rejoicing!! I need a new year and a fresh start; how about you?

I don't necessarily believe in new year's resolutions, but I do think it is a good time to reflect on how life is going and see what adjustments need to be made. If I do decide to make changes, I don't call them new year's resolutions because I am constantly trying to be better, not just at the turning of a new year. Was that totally clear as mud or what?

Kai will be having surgery soon and I'm hoping this is his last. I think he'll be done with chemo soon too so I'm hoping that chapter of our lives, at least the major drama part is coming to an end.

I don't know what 2009 will bring, I'm mostly just hoping for no big surprises, a lot less stress and some joy. I want lots of laughter with my family, dates with my husband and more full nights of sleep. I want health, happiness and to not have to worry so much all the time. Is that so much to ask for?

2 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

This year is one of hope for something better, something calmer, something more stable, in our family.

Chrystal said...

I pray this new year brings everything you hope for. I am reading a book I think you'll love "Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. Try it - you'll like it ;)

The Family

The Family
Summer 2008