Monday, January 26, 2009

Construction...

I have to admit that I am not one of those people that goes crazy while living amongst the chaos that is a construction project. I'm actually pretty excited that we'll have new floors, ones that I will not be afraid to put my 7 month down on now that she is crawling (which is taking some adjustment on my part, she's too young). I like the feeling of the new and will enjoy getting organized when it's time to move back to the main floor.

We've spent the last two days throwing out at least 1/2 of our belongings that were on the main floor. Now, since I'm in a throwing out kind of mood, we're moving on to the loft and will likely get rid of a lot more from up here. This project has become known as "The Purge." All in all, this feels pretty good. You really don't need much in order to be able to live and this has given me good reason to get rid of a lot.

The only thing so far that has felt like a true imposition is the fact that we've had to eat out because we haven't been able to use the kitchen. My weekly grocery budget was blown in, oh about 3 days. I suppose it will be ramen for the rest of the week... good times.

Anyway, so far so good here. They were able to save the dry wall and the vanity in the bathroom which would have been the two major issues. It looks like really the major thing is replacing the floors and baseboards. Not too bad overall. We have fans blowing everywhere now to hopefully clear out the remaining moisture in the walls.

Tomorrow is back to work which will feel good. I love my work and was pretty bummed that I had to be here, even though it was necessary. Lots to do, always lots to do! :)

No comments:

The Family

The Family
Summer 2008